Guaranteed Departure Tour: Baltic Triangle
Tallinn – Helsinki – St. Petersburg, 8 days/ 7 nights, from June to September 2013
Day 1 (Friday): Arrival Tallinn
- Arrival in Tallinn
- Optional: transfer to Hotel Radisson Blu Olympia**** or similar, check-in, welcome meeting.
Day 2 (Saturday): Tallinn
Tallinn is a charming blend of medieval tranquillity and modern urban life. The medieval Old Town is a busy place in the summer with its many shops, galleries, souvenir markets, outdoor cafés and restaurants.
- Tallinn city tour: walk around the old medieval city walls, Toompea Castle, the Dome Church, Alexander Nevsky Cathedral and the medieval Old Town Hall.
- Optional: tour to Kadriorg Park with a visit to the Kadriorg Palace and its art collections.
- Optional: medieval dinner at Restaurant Peppersack.
Day 3 (Sunday): Tallinn-Helsinki
- Morning transfer by hydrofoil from Tallinn to Helsinki – a refreshing tour through the Finnish archipelago before arriving in Helsinki
- Transfer to Hotel Radisson Blu Royal**** or similar, check-in.
- The balance of the day is reserved for exploring the Finnish capital individually.
Day 4 (Monday): Helsinki
Helsinki is truly located at the crossroads of Western and Eastern culture and this is reflected everywhere in the green and lively Finnish capital.
- Helsinki sightseeing tour: walk & drive around the harbours, up central Mannerheim Street and by the Parliament Building, the Finlandia Hall, and the Sibelius Monument and for a visit at the famous Church-in the-Rock.
- Optional: afternoon tour to Seurasaari Open-Air Museum, an oasis in the midst of the city with cottages, farmsteads and manors from all around Finland.
Day 5 (Tuesday): Helsinki-St. Petersburg
We continue eastbound to St. Petersburg. Shortly after crossing the border into Russia we arrive in Vyborg.
- A short sightseeing tour and a visit to Vyborg Castle.
- Late afternoon arrival to St. Petersburg and check-in at Hotel Sokos Vasilievsky**** or similar.
Day 6 (Wednesday): St. Petersburg
St. Petersburg is an amazing city. Its imperial palaces and museums enjoy worldwide fame, while the Neva River and the many canals have deservedly given the city the title “The Venice of the North”.
- Morning sightseeing tour: the Peter-Paul Fortress, the Winter Palace, St. Isaac’s Cathedral, the Church of the Bleeding Savior, the Nevsky Convent and much more.
- Optional: visit to Peterhof, an uncontested masterpiece of the time of Peter the Great, with the impressive Grand Palace, Grand Cascade and Water Avenue and its wonderful parks.
- Optional: visit to the Nikolaevsky Palace with an exciting Russian folklore show and Russian „champagne” and snacks.
Day 7 (Thursday): St. Petersburg
- Optional: tour to Zarskoye Selo with the impressive Catherine’s Palace and the Amber Room, which vanished during World War II and was restored for St. Petersburg’s tri-centennial celebrations.
- Optional: afternoon visit to the world-famous Hermitage Art Museum is offered.
- Optional: Russian dinner at Restaurant Na Zdoroviye.
Day 8 (Friday): St. Petersburg Departure
- Optional: transfer to the airport.
TOUR PRICE: 795 EUR/ per person
Supplement for tours GBT05-GBT10:
100 EUR (double occupancy)
100 EUR (single supplement)
Guaranteed departure Baltic tour price includes:
- 7 overnights at centrally located 4-5 star hotels
- 7 x buffet breakfast
- Welcome meeting with champagne-cocktail or juice
- Personalized welcome package
- Entrances to medieval Old Town Hall in Tallinn, Church-in-the-Rock in Helsinki, Vyborg Castle and Peter-Paul Fortress in St. Petersburg
- Service of English and German speaking tour escort on all tours
- Service of Italian and Spanish speaking tour escort on all tours
- Service of local French speaking guides on tour GBT11 GBT13 and GBT17
- Service of 1st class motor coaches or 1st class minivans throughout the itinerary
- Services of local Portuguese speaking guides on tour GBT09, GBT12 and GBT15
- Ferry Tallinn-Helsinki OW
- Portage at hotels
- Service and VAT
VOX audio communication system in use throughout the Finnish and Russian parts of the tour