Guaranteed Departure Tour: Baltic Revelation Trip
Vilnius – Riga – Tallinn – Helsinki – St. Petersburg, 13 days/ 12 nights, from June to September 2013
Day 1 (Sunday): Arrival Vilnius
- Arrival in Vilnius
- Optional: transfer to Hotel Radisson Blu Lietuva**** or similar, check-in, welcome meeting.
Day 2 (Monday): Vilnius
Vilnius is known for its more than 1.200 medieval buildings and 48 churches.
- Morning sightseeing tour: a panoramic tour of the city and a walking tour of the Old Town with Vilnius Cathedral, Gediminas Tower, Peter and Paul Church, St. Anne’s Church, Old University and the Gates of Dawn.
- Optional: tour to Trakai – the medieval capital of Lithuania, with the well preserved Trakai Castle, beautifully located on an island in Lake Galve.
- Optional: folklore dinner at Restaurant Belmontas.
Day 3 (Tuesday): Vilnius-Riga
Transfer to Riga with enroute stop at the Hills of Crosses, one of the most holy sites of Catholic Lithuania.
- Visit to magnificent Rundale Palace, the former summer residence of the Duke of Courland. A guided tour of the palace.
- Late afternoon check-in at Hotel Radisson Blu Latvija**** or similar.
Day 4 (Wednesday): Riga
- Optional: morning tour Gauja National Park and the town of Sigulda. We listen to the medieval Latvian legend of the Rose of Turaida and see the ruins of the Episcopal Castle and of the Castle of the Knights of the Sword before we return to Riga.
- Optional: afternoon tour visit to the Ethnographical Open Air Museum, a spacious exposition of 18th century country life.
- Optional: organ concert at the Dome Cathedral.
Day 5 (Thursday): Riga
Riga, founded in 1201 by the German bishop Albert, is the largest of the three Baltic capitals and boasts a real kaleidoscope of architectural styles.
- The walking tour of the Old Town: Riga Castle, the Dome Cathedral, St. Peter’s Church, the Swedish Gate, the Three Brothers, the Large and Small Guilds and the Freedom Monument.
- Optional: visit to Jurmala, the vibrant Latvian sea resort, famous for its wooden architecture and sandy beaches.
- Optional: Latvian dinner at the stylish Restaurant La Boheme.
Day 6 (Friday): Riga-Tallin
The tour continues along the coastal highway to the Estonian summer resort of Parnu.
- A short tour of the resort before we continue through the North Estonian land of forests and arrive in Tallinn;
- Early afternoon check-in at the Hotel Radisson Blu Olympia**** or similar.
Day 7 (Saturday): Tallin
Tallinn is a charming blend of medieval tranquillity and modern urban life. The medieval Old Town is a busy place in the summer with its many shops, galleries, souvenir markets, outdoor cafés and restaurants.
- Tallinn city tour: walk around the old medieval city walls, Toompea Castle, the Dome Church, Alexander Nevsky Cathedral and the medieval Old Town Hall.
- Optional: tour to Kadriorg Park with a visit to the Kadriorg Palace and its art collections.
- Optional: medieval dinner at Restaurant Peppersack.
Day 8 (Sunday): Tallinn-Helsinki
- Morning transfer by hydrofoil from Tallinn to Helsinki – a refreshing tour through the Finnish archipelago before arriving in Helsinki
- Transfer to Hotel Radisson Blu Royal***** or similar, check-in.
- The balance of the day is reserved for exploring the Finnish capital individually.
Day 9 (Monday): Helsinki
Helsinki is truly located at the crossroads of Western and Eastern culture and this is reflected everywhere in the green and lively Finnish capital.
- Helsinki sightseeing tour: walk & drive around the harbours, up central Mannerheim Street and by the Parliament Building, the Finlandia Hall, and the Sibelius Monument and for a visit at the famous Church-in the-Rock.
- Optional: afternoon tour to Seurasaari Open-Air Museum, an oasis in the midst of the city with cottages, farmsteads and manors from all around Finland.
Day 10 (Tuesday): Helsinki-St. Petersburg
We continue eastbound to St. Petersburg. Shortly after crossing the border into Russia we arrive in Vyborg.
- A short sightseeing tour and a visit to Vyborg Castle.
- Late afternoon arrival to St. Petersburg and check-in at Hotel Sokos Vasilievsky**** or similar.
Day 11 (Wednesday): St. Petersburg
St. Petersburg is an amazing city. Its imperial palaces and museums enjoy worldwide fame, while the Neva River and the many canals have deservedly given the city the title “The Venice of the North”.
- Morning sightseeing tour: the Peter-Paul Fortress, the Winter Palace, St. Isaac’s Cathedral, the Church of the Bleeding Savior, the Nevsky Convent and much more.
- Optional: visit to Peterhof, an uncontested masterpiece of the time of Peter the Great, with the impressive Grand Palace, Grand Cascade and Water Avenue and its wonderful parks.
- Optional: visit to the Nikolaevsky Palace with an exciting Russian folklore show and Russian „champagne” and snacks.
Day 12 (Thursday): St. Petersburg
- Optional: tour to Zarskoye Selo with the impressive Catherine’s Palace and the Amber Room, which vanished during World War II and was restored for St. Petersburg’s tri-centennial celebrations.
- Optional: afternoon visit to the world-famous Hermitage Art Museum is offered.
- Optional: Russian dinner at Restaurant Na Zdoroviye.
Day 13 (Friday): St. Petersburg Departure
- Optional: transfer to the airport.
TOUR PRICE: 1295 EUR/ per person
Supplement for tours GRE05-GRE10:
100 EUR (double occupancy)
100 EUR (single supplement)
Tour price includes:
- 12 overnights at centrally located 4-5 star hotels
- 12 x buffet breakfast
- Welcome meeting with champagne-cocktail or juice
- Personalised welcome package
- Entrances to Old University in Vilnius, Rundale Palace, St. Peter’s Church in Riga, medieval Old Town Hall in Tallinn,
- Church-in-the Rock in Helsinki, Vyborg Castle and Peter-and-Paul Fortress in St. Petersburg
- Service of English and German speaking tour escort on all tours
- Service of Italian and Spanish speaking tour escort on all tours
- Service of Portuguese speaking tour escort on tour GRE09, GRE12 and GRE15
- Service of French speaking tour escort on tour GRE11,GRE13 and GRE17
- Service of 1st class motor coaches or 1st class minivans throughout the itinerary
- Ferry ticket Tallinn-Helsinki OW (2nd class)
- Portage at hotels
- Service and VAT