Guaranteed Departure Tour: Baltic Highlights
Vilnius – Riga – Tallinn, 8 days/7 nights, from April to September 2013
Day 1 (Sunday): Arrival Vilnius
- Arrival in Vilnius
- Optional: transfer to Hotel Radisson Blu Lietuva**** or similar, check-in, welcome meeting.
Day 2 (Monday): Vilnius
Vilnius is known for its more than 1.200 medieval buildings and 48 churches.
- Morning sightseeing tour: a panoramic tour of the city and a walking tour of the Old Town with Vilnius Cathedral, Gediminas Tower, Peter and Paul Church, St. Anne’s Church, Old University and the Gates of Dawn.
- Optional: tour to Trakai – the medieval capital of Lithuania, with the well preserved Trakai Castle, beautifully located on an island in Lake Galve.
- Optional: folklore dinner at Restaurant Belmontas.
Day 3 (Tuesday): Vilnius-Riga
Transfer to Riga with enroute stop at the Hills of Crosses, one of the most holy sites of Catholic Lithuania.
- Visit to magnificent Rundale Palace, the former summer residence of the Duke of Courland. A guided tour of the palace.
- Late afternoon check-in at Hotel Radisson Blu Latvija**** or similar.
Day 4 (Wednesday): Riga
- Optional: morning tour Gauja National Park and the town of Sigulda. We listen to the medieval Latvian legend of the Rose of Turaida and see the ruins of the Episcopal Castle and of the Castle of the Knights of the Sword before we return to Riga.
- Optional: afternoon tour visit to the Ethnographical Open Air Museum, a spacious exposition of 18th century country life.
- Optional: organ concert at the Dome Cathedral.
Day 5 (Thursday): Riga
Riga, founded in 1201 by the German bishop Albert, is the largest of the three Baltic capitals and boasts a real kaleidoscope of architectural styles.
- The walking tour of the Old Town: Riga Castle, the Dome Cathedral, St. Peter’s Church, the Swedish Gate, the Three Brothers, the Large and Small Guilds and the Freedom Monument.
- Optional: visit to Jurmala, the vibrant Latvian sea resort, famous for its wooden architecture and sandy beaches.
- Optional: Latvian dinner at the stylish Restaurant La Boheme.
Day 6 (Friday): Riga-Tallinn
The tour continues along the coastal highway to the Estonian summer resort of Parnu.
- A short tour of the resort before we continue through the North Estonian land of forests and arrive in Tallinn;
- Early afternoon check-in at the Hotel Radisson Blu Olympia**** or similar.
Day 7 (Saturday): Tallinn
Tallinn is a charming blend of medieval tranquillity and modern urban life. The medieval Old Town is a busy place in the summer with its many shops, galleries, souvenir markets, outdoor cafés and restaurants.
- Tallinn city tour: walk around the old medieval city walls, Toompea Castle, the Dome Church, Alexander Nevsky Cathedral and the medieval Old Town Hall.
- Optional: tour to Kadriorg Park with a visit to the Kadriorg Palace and its art collections.
- Optional: medieval dinner at Restaurant Peppersack.
Day 8 (Sunday): Tallinn Departure
- Optional: transfer to airport.
TOUR PRICE: 595 EUR/ per person
Tour price includes:
- 7 overnights at centrally located 4 star hotels
- 7 x buffet breakfast
- Welcome meeting with champagne-cocktail or juice
- Personalised welcome package
- Entrances to Old University in Vilnius, Rundale Palace, St. Peter’s Church in Riga and medieval Old Town Hall in Tallinn
- Service of English and German speaking tour escort on all tours
- Service of Italian and Spanish speaking tour escort on all tours
- Service of French speaking tour escort on tour GBH11, GBH13 and GBH17
- Service of Portuguese speaking tour escort on tour: GBH09, GBH12 and GBH15
- Service of 1st class motor coaches or 1st class minivans throughout the itinerary
- Portage at hotels
- Service and VAT