Guaranteed Departure Tour: Baltic Classical
Vilnius – Klaipeda – Riga – Tallinn, 8 days/ 7 nights, from June to September 2013
Day 1 (Sunday): Arrival Vilnius
- Arrival in Vilnius
- Optional: transfer to Hotel Radisson Blu Lietuva**** or similar, check-in, welcome meeting.
Day 2 (Monday): Vilnius
Vilnius is known for its more than 1.200 medieval buildings and 48 churches.
- Morning sightseeing tour: a panoramic tour of the city and a walking tour of the Old Town with Vilnius Cathedral, Gediminas Tower, Peter and Paul Church, St. Anne’s Church, Old University and the Gates of Dawn.
- Tour to Trakai – the medieval capital of Lithuania, with the well preserved Trakai Castle, beautifully located on an island in Lake Galve.
- Transfer to Klaipeda
- Late afternoon. Check-in at Hotel Radisson Blu Klaipeda**** or similar.
Day 3 (Tuesday): Klaipeda
- Optional: a full day tour to the Curonian Spit, a thin, 100 km stretch of land between the Baltic Sea and the Curonian Lagoon with small fishing villages, pine forests and endless sand dunes. Our first stop is the Hill of Witches in Juodkrante. After that we continue to Nida, where we visit the High Dunes, Thomas Mann’s summerhouse and get acquainted with the charming resort town before we drive back to Klaipeda.
- Optional: Lithuanian dinner at Restaurant Luja.
Day 4 (Wednesday): Klaipeda-Riga
Klaipeda first became a part of Lithuania in 1923 and had a long history as a German town called Memel.
- A short sightseeing tour: the Old Town with its narrow, cobblestone streets and old guild houses, the Theatre Square and the Aennchen von Tharau Fountain.
- Transfer to the Samogitia National Park and a walking tour around the picturesque Lake Plateliai.
- Transfer to Siauliai and Cross Hills, one of the holiest sites of Catholic Lithuania.
- Afternoon arrival to Riga and check-in at Hotel Radisson Blu Latvija**** or similar.
- Optional: organ concert at the Dome Cathedral.
Day 5 (Thursday): Riga
Riga, founded in 1201 by the German bishop Albert, is the largest of the three Baltic capitals and boasts a real kaleidoscope of architectural styles.
- The walking tour of the Old Town: Riga Castle, the Dome Cathedral, St. Peter’s Church, the Swedish Gate, the Three Brothers, the Large and Small Guilds and the Freedom Monument.
- Optional: visit to Jurmala, the vibrant Latvian sea resort, famous for its wooden architecture and sandy beaches.
- Optional: Latvian dinner at the stylish Restaurant La Boheme.
Day 6 (Friday): Riga-Tallinn
The tour continues along the coastal highway to the Estonian summer resort of Parnu.
- A short tour of the resort before we continue through the North Estonian land of forests and arrive in Tallinn;
- Early afternoon check-in at the Hotel Radisson Blu Olympia**** or similar.
Day 7 (Saturday): Tallinn
Tallinn is a charming blend of medieval tranquillity and modern urban life. The medieval Old Town is a busy place in the summer with its many shops, galleries, souvenir markets, outdoor cafés and restaurants.
- Tallinn city tour: walk around the old medieval city walls, Toompea Castle, the Dome Church, Alexander Nevsky Cathedral and the medieval Old Town Hall.
- Optional: tour to Kadriorg Park with a visit to the Kadriorg Palace and its art collections.
- Optional: medieval dinner at Restaurant Peppersack.
Day 8 (Sunday): Tallinn Departure
- Optional: transfer to the airport.
TOUR PRICE: 595 EUR/ per person
Tour price includes:
- 7 overnights at centrally located 4 star hotels
- 7 x buffet breakfast
- Welcome meeting with champagne-cocktail or juice
- Personalised welcome package
- Entrances to Old University in Vilnius, St. Peter’s Church in Riga and medieval Old Town Hall in Tallinn
- Service of English and German speaking tour escort on all tours
- Service of Italian and Spanish speaking tour escort on tour GCL08, GCL10, GCL12, GCL14, GCL16 and GCL18
- Service of 1st class motor coaches or 1st class minivans throughout the itinerary
- Portage at hotels
- Service and VAT